We know we have been talking about the MV-1 quite a bit, but it’s so AWESOME its hard not to!
The MV-1 is the first and only vehicle that has been designed from the ground up for wheelchair accessibility. Every aspect of this purpose-built vehicle has been engineered and thoughtfully designed for people with mobility challenges and people with special needs that have been woefully under-served in the past.
INTEGRATED POWER-DEPLOY RAMP
The telescoping, power-deploy ramp is an option on the Base Model, and standard equipment on the Deluxe Model (or DX Trim Level). This ramp has two different deployment modes – a 1:4.4 short deployment slope and a 1:6.0 long deployment slope. It can be lowered to meet the ground for pick up and drop off at curb cuts or on other flat surfaces, or the ramp can also be lowered down onto most curbs when no curb cut is available. A simple control switch on the passenger side door provides easy control of the power deploy ramp functions.
Both ramp options exceed the Americans with Disabilities Act and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) guidelines with a 30.5” width and an impressive 1,200-pound weight capacity. And remember, these ramps were designed, engineered and manufactured by the manufacturer, so quality and reliability are not aftermarket afterthoughts. Because of this, the ramps are covered by an impressive 5-year, 75,000-mile warranty.
POWERTRAIN & PERFORMANCE
The MV-1’s standard powertrain utilizes the proven Ford 4.6-liter 2V SFI V8 Engine, combined with a smooth-shifting 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with overdrive. This rear wheel drive powertrain combination offers great power and performance, with proven quality, reliability and durability.
- 248 Horsepower and 294 Lb.-Ft. of Torque
- Estimated 13 mpg city/18 mpg highway mileage (Regular Unleaded)
- Offers proven quality, durability and dependability
- Ford Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive provides smooth shifting
- Rear Wheel Drive with a 3.45 Axle Ratio for brisk acceleration and passing power
- Limited Slip Rear Differential, along with Traction Control and 17-Inch All-Season Tires help maximize traction, even under the most challenging driving conditions
- 24-Gallon Gasoline Tank provides an estimated 350-mile range on gas models
- Short/Long Arm (SLA) front independent suspension helps absorb bumps and road irregularities and provides a tight 42.8-ft. turning circle
- De Dion rear tube suspension with steel leaf springs and self-leveling air shocks delivers optimal durability and a comfortable ride
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
The MV-1 has a long list of standard safety features. Please review these features and become familiar with their benefits so you can effectively describe them and discuss them with your customers.
- Electronic Stability Control(ESC), Traction Control and a Limited Slip Differential reduce possibility of wheel slippage, spinout, and roll-over.
- Four wheel power-assisted anti-lock disc brakes (ABS) help prevent skids and provide steering control while braking.
- Unique, integrated side-entry ramp system allows passengers to enter and exit away from street traffic – at ground level or near a curb; All ramps are also equipped with auxiliary ramp lighting for enhanced safety
- Electronic cutoff switch to prevent driver from operating vehicle while ramp is deployed, and to prevent unintentional deployment while vehicle is in operation.
- Anti-slip surfaces on the floor and ramp help maximize traction for wheelchair tires and minimize the potential for slipping.
- Multiple grab handles provide additional support and stability for all passengers.
- 10 universal floor tracks to secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Three-point Safety Belts on all seats with flexible seatbelt locations for wheelchairs and scooters.
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) securements for child safety seats.
- Fully boxed frame with high-strength steel reinforced front and rear bumpers and steel side-impact beams provide excellent crash worthiness.
- Driver’s side airbag and collapsible steering column maximize driver protection.
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL’s) provide improved visibility for greater safety.
- All Season Tires provide good all-weather traction; a Tire Pressure Monitoring System and a Tire Inflator Kit are standard.
- A Passive Anti-theft System helps deter theft.
- Longer than standard lights
- A 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program is standard in the event a customer runs out of gas, gets a flat tire, or has other service issues and needs to be towed (1-800-MV1-FORU).
The MV-1 meets all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) for new vehicles. Its robust body-on-frame design and all-steel body provides excellent crash protection. At the time of this publication, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) had not yet tested the MV-1 in the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), which typically starts off by testing the highest sales volume vehicles first. This is why the MV-1’s window sticker reads “Not Rated” using the 5-star crash rating system. When the MV-1 is tested, we are confident that it will have extremely favorable crash test ratings, as VPG has performed all of the identical testing during the MV-1’s development. Unlike many aftermarket-modified vehicles, it will not lose its original crash test ratings due to modifications because the MV-1’s structure is not “chopped up” or compromised in any way.
- Spacious Passenger Seating with Gray Leatherette
- Seat Trim
- 6-Way Adjustable Commercial Driver’s Seat
- Driver Convenience Package: cruise control • center console package with cupholder • additional power outlet
- Driver-Side Supplemental Restraint Air Bag System
- Large 3-Passenger Rear Bench Seat with 3-Point Safety Belts in all positions
- LATCH Child Seat Anchors (2) and Tethers (3)
- Power Windows
- Power Adjustable Side-View Mirrors
- Remote Door Locks & Remote Keyless Entry
- Passkey Theft Deterrent System
- Four Auxiliary Power Outlets:2 in the front and 2 in the rear
- Cup Holders: 2 in the Front and 2 in the Rear
- Rear Window Defroster
- Air Conditioning with Rear Area Heating and Air Conditioning Outlet
- Rear-Facing Jump Seat
- Securement & Restraint Package